New York is always a good idea! If you follow me (Kate) on snapchat (katekelly1) you might have heard that I am going to New York in 2 weeks for 5 days minus Darragh, the other half of ‘Where to next darling..?’. I have decided to go on my own and completely step out of my comfort zone. It’s my very first holiday on my own and it’s something I have wanted to do for myself this year. I think it’s important to do something that scares you at least once a year and this is mine. So many of my followers have sent me messages about how they would like to travel somewhere on their own but are too afraid/nervous. After my trip I will be sharing my journey and how I felt on my first solo trip.
Both myself and Darragh have been to New York on separate occasions, never together and we have compiled a list of things we have loved but also things that we want to do. I’m staying in Soho and I cannot wait as it’s an area I have never been to in New York. Thanks for all the suggestions from our followers, we have included some of them below. This trip is mainly about food so if you have any suggestions on places to eat tweet me on @wheretonextdarl.
Things I have planned to do on this trip:
- 3NY Boutique in Soho – Recommended by the fabulous Laura Mullett.
- And Other Stories – I know this shop will be opening soon in Dublin but I love it!
- I have been saving up for a pair of Chiara Ferragni shoes which are not cheap but I cannot wait to finally own my own pair.
- Victoria Secrets – You can’t not go there while in America.
- Vera Bradley – Handbags.
- Henri Bendel – For everything!
- Sephora – if you have makeup recommendations send them my way.
- Drybar – Very cool hair salon.
- Bar 65 in the Rockefeller.
- Drinks in the rooftop bar of the Standard Hotel – Le Bain Disco.
- Drinks in The Dead Rabbit – Recommended by Ali Ryan.
- Upstairs at The Kimberly.
- 230 Fifth Rooftop bar.
- Lunch in Balthazar – French cuisine.
- Levain Bakery for the worlds most amazing cookies!
- Food Hall downstairs in the Plaza.
- Champagne Bar in the Plaza.
- Carlo’s Bakery – the home of the Cake Boss.
- Chelsea Market – lots of food stalls.
- Magnolia Bakery – where cupcake dreams are made.
- Tao Restaurant.
- Breakfast in Oatmeals NY – Thanks Sarah Richardson for the recommendation.
- Brunch in Jacks Wife Freda – Recommended by Retro Flame.
- Sprinkles – for more cupcakes and to try their famous Ice-cream sandwich.
- Melt Bakery for their Ice-cream sandwich.
- Barraca for Tapas.
- Brunch in Two Hands Cafe.
- Lure Fishbar.
- Dough Doughnuts.
- Breakfast in Egg Shop.
- A bagel with so much cream cheese – Baz Bagel and Restaurant looks very good!
- A slice of NYC pizza – Prince Street Pizza.
- Brunch in The Harold.
- Chloe’s NYC – Like fro-yo but a soft fruit version.
- Casa Agave – Mexican Food.
- Fig & Olive.
- Poco NYC – This is one of the best places for a bottomless brunch so I hear & has a super happy hour.
- Mexican boozy brunch in Horchata.
- Side Walk – Bottomless brunch.
- Mole – Mexican food recommended by Lorna from LC Closet.
- Penelope – the french toast looks incredible.
- High Line Walk.
- Top of the rock – better views than the Empire State Building.
- Walk across Brooklyn Bridge.
- Cycle in Central Park (I can’t cycle so this will be an interesting one).
- Go for a jog in Central Park.
- The Boat House is Central Park.
- MoMA museum.
- The Met – On my first trip to New York I saw The Alexander McQueen Exhibition and was blown away by the fashion from his collections through the year.
- Madison Square Park.
- Wander around West Village – Visit Carrie Bradshaw’s & The Friends apartment.
- Times Square – it’s always a must in NYC!
- Explore Soho – I’m actually staying in Soho and I cannot wait to explore this area.
I know this list is HUGE and I don’t know how I will fit it all within 5 days but here’s trying. Let me know if you have anymore recommendations for my solo trip to NYC.